When you work at Exegistics, you’re joining a team that is dedicated to doing and being our best! That’s the mindset we promote and encourage, and we believe that’s what makes our company exceptional at providing our customers with quality services and fantastic value.
During your interview we will discuss the role, our culture, and our robust benefits package, including paid time off, a 401K, health/dental/life insurance, and more.
Our company is looking for a Carrier Sales and Operations Specialist to be responsible for generating new business through building a sales portfolio of clients. They will be accountable for sourcing and procuring the carrier services that will physically move freight for our clients as well as growing the carrier book of business by developing mutually beneficial solutions-based relationships.
What makes a successful team member:
They will be responsible for the full sales cycle; prospecting, relationship building, customer service and operations. Success will be measured through Key Performance Indicators such as: operational focus on loads moved per day, successfully meeting margin quotas, contributing to a great culture of teamwork, innovation and development.
A snapshot of the role:
- Communicate as needed to ensure a high level of customer service
- Assist in tracking all loads from the point the carrier is contracted through final delivery of the load
- Negotiate rates with carriers for maximum profit
- Collect, document and disseminate accurate information to/from Carriers and Drivers and between internal departments
- Develop and maintain quality working relationships with transportation providers, customers and warehouses by using various means of communications
- Represent our customer when working with the contracted carrier
- Act as a representative of all contracted carriers
- Manage operational activities of loads to ensure customer satisfaction
- Help drive new account growth via prospecting, sourcing and account penetration Additional duties as assigned
Education and experience:
- Competitive mindset, hunter mentality, and positive, proactive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (not required)
- 1-2 years of previous industry experience preferred
- Ability to develop a creative approach to overcoming hurdles
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills