When you work at Exegistics, you’re joining a team that is dedicated to doing and being our best! That’s the mindset we promote and encourage, and we believe that’s what makes our company exceptional at providing our customers with quality services and fantastic value.
During your interview we will discuss the role, our culture, and our robust benefits package, including paid time off, a 401K, health/dental/life insurance, and more.
Exegistics Resource Staffing (ERS), Exegistics’ temporary staffing division is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Specialist at our office located at O’Hare Plaza on Higgins Road in Chicago, IL. This Payroll and Benefits Specialist will report to the Director of Human Resources to support the ERS team by performing administrative payroll functions for the continued growth of the ERS Team of Exegistics. This position calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
What makes a successful team member:
This position calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
A snapshot of the role:
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information
- Responsible for the general duties in the office including answering phones, maintaining an organized space, ordering supplies and managing mail
- Process New Hire Paperwork and make sure it gets completed in a timely manner
- Manage the on-boarding process for new hires which includes conducting reference checks, background screenings and administering drug test information
- Ensure new hires are securely set up with time sheet material, direct deposit and benefit information
- Maintain I9 & E-Verify files in accordance with Federal and State laws
- Confidentially input candidate personal information into payroll system
- Mange payroll processes to ensure temporary workers get paid on time and handle any expenses associated with weekly payroll
- Conduct periodic quality check in’s and exit interviews
- Assist Staffing Managers by “Sourcing” new candidate prospects through various job boards
- Conduct competitive research, compile data, and prepare reports
- Accountable for the resume submittal process in various Vendor Managed portals and tracking all activity
Education and experience:
- 2 to 4 years of human resources coordinator/administrative experience within a mid to large-sized company
- Experience in a temporary staffing environment
- Experience with ADP a must (ADP Workforce Now a plus)
- Proficiency in using Applicant Tracking Systems (Ultrastaff Edge a plus)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web-based software; good internet research skills; experience with social media
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task, while maintaining efficiency
- Good writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong follow through with the ability to maintain designated response times
- Superior organizational and strategic planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- A highly professional demeanor