For the second consecutive year, Exegistics is sponsoring and participating in the Veteran Career Summit to help companies develop, grow, and enhance their veteran workplace initiatives. Additional sponsors this year include York Solutions and the ICATT Apprenticeship Program.
As a former Marine Corps Officer, continuing the tradition of this event is important to panelist and CEO/Founder of Exegistics Stephen Olds. Olds will present on the Veteran Business Owners’ obligation to the workforce.
“Unfortunately, only 50% of the veteran workforce is actively employed and we need to change that,” said Olds. “As a veteran-owned small business, it is vital to us that we establish a workplace where veterans can excel and ensure there are dependable opportunities available that allows them to apply their skillset to everyday responsibilities.”
Panel discussions and speakers include:
Keynote: Veterans: A Natural Fit for Closing the Skills Gap & Meeting Future Needs
- Victor LaGroon, Diversity and Inclusion Veterans Employment Advisor
Panel 1: Driving Growth in the Workplace Through Veteran Hiring
- Courtney McDonough, Groupon Recruiting Manager
- Megan Everett, Robert McCormick Foundation Program Director
Panel 2: Transferable Skills that Veterans Bring to the Table
- Nicole Mandeville, Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs Senior Program Manager
- Ted Lucas, Expeditors Personnel Development Manager
- Todd Jones, Paramount Bank President
Panel 3: The VOSB/VOB Designation: Why hire a VOSB/VOB and what is a Veteran Business Owners’ obligation to the workforce
- Stephen Olds, Exegistics Founder & CEO
- Brandi Will, York Solutions SVP, Strategic Partnerships & Veteran Programs
- Jeff King, National Veteran Business Development Council Operations and Compliance Manager
Panel 4: Innovative Programs to find, hire, train, manage a Veteran Workforce
- Mario Kratsch, Head of ICATT Apprenticeship Program and Vice President of GACC Midwest
- Darienne Page, Lyft Senior Manager of Community Affairs
- Silvia Hinton, York Solutions Vice President, Program Development
The event is taking place Thursday, July 11, at mHUB Chicago from 8:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Click here to find the full agenda and register for the event.